A variety of fences or extrusions that act as one are available on the market that can be used with a guide rail for ripping wood. None of them is as accurate, robust, and universal as ours.
Under the guide rail part is not a separately connected extrusion with hardware that causes it to flex when your stock does not extend past it. Instead it's a precision machined to tight tolerances solid piece. After calibration, quick swapping of the stop from narrow cut to regular cut position and vice versa.
ITM Fence is an adaptation of the Incra Track System. It offers many benefits over other fences:
- robust extrusion design
- multiple options on attaching a fence using screws, t-slots, etc
- Incra patented saw tooth racks offer unparalleled indexing. Always spot on, no eye balling
- the stop is made out of solid aluminum extrusion that locks itself into the saw tooth racks. Does not give-in as a plastic or 3d printed one with superior dimensional stablity
- a sliding scale that eliminates fence adjustments that have etched scale
What we have added to the above:
- low profile section under 0.5” that extends to 8” to accommodate under the guide rail support of your stock. No connectors required = no misalignments
- The only fence with under the guide rail indexing capability. A stainless steel indexing rod that acts as a stop under the guide rail has a brushed finish which protects your eyes from bothering light reflections
Our fence can be used standalone or attached to our versatile Mighty Miter for square and miter cross cutting. If used with our Anchor dogs(1/4-20 slot), fence can be easily installed, removed, and re-installed again on your workbench when needed in a matter of a minute. For maximum ripping capacity a pair of PFP-103 plates (sold separately) can be used with ITM fence hardware ( fence will occupy less than 0.5" or 12mm of your MFT surface).
ITM fence is available in multiple options which will be expanded with the market need:
- ITM Fence 32C - 32” ripping capacity with Stop and indexing rod
- ITM Fence 32 - 32” ripping capacity with indexing rod (no Incra ShopStop)
- ITM Fence 820C - 820 mm ripping capacity with Stop and indexing rod
- ITM Fence 820 - 820 mm ripping capacity and indexing rod (no Incra ShopStop)
- ITM Fence 48C - 48” ripping capacity with Stop and indexing rod
- ITM Fence 1220C - 1220mm ripping capacity with Stop and indexing rod
Note: Anchor dogs are not included with ITM Fences.